On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 01:38:10PM +0100, devzero2000 wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Michael Schroeder <m...@suse.de> wrote:
> > The first one allows to create rpms with uncompressed payloads
> > by setting the payloadformat to "ufdio", the second one sets
> > a "%_specfile" macro in the build so that people can do fancy
> > specfile manipulation/data extraction in the build.
> >
> > Hi
>
> Is it possible to know if exists some specific  examples of  use cases of
> these two patches?

As they are already in SUSE there's no RFE.

An example of a package where uncompressed payload is useful is
out "installation-images" package. It's a meta package that is
not shipped to customers, but used for image creation purposes.
Compression just slows down the build process.

One of the uses of _specfile is in our "find-supplements"
dependency generator script that needs to extract information
from the specfile when creating dependencies.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder                                   m...@suse.de