On 07/21/2011 11:53 AM, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 02:17:43PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
We're pleased to announce the availability of RPM release 4.9.1.
Download instructions and more detailed information are available from:

     http://rpm.org/wiki/Releases/4.9.1

Thanks Panu!

Some things I noticed:

commit c07efb9f changed:
-    if (hash&&  memcmp(hash, sigp->signhash16, 2) == 0) {
+    if (hash&&  memcmp(hash, sigp->signhash16, 2) != 0)
+       goto exit;

I guess that should be "!hash ||" instead.

Probably yes, although it's not terribly critical - hash being NULL there is pretty much a can't happen situation there as rpmDigestFinal() wont return NULL hash unless called with NULL ctx which is checked earlier in the code.

Sine commit 23167c3e, everything tagged %dir will get a trailing
slash in the file list, breaking lots of things. I've worked around
this in the suse package, but a clean fix is probably to pass
a "RPMGLOB_ONLYDIR" flag to rpmGlob() instead of adding a trailing
slash. (Or change addFile() to strip trailing slashes.)

Yup, that and the recursing bug make 4.9.1 a brown paperbag release :-/
I'll try to get 4.9.1.1 (or something) out soonish, in the meanwhile 4.9.1 is probably best avoided because of these issues.

        - Panu -