The problem is when you upgrade distro N to N+2 both triggers should
be run but only one was run, which was confusing so we disallowed
triggers fired by the same package with overlapping version intervals.
And initscripts <= 4.72 and initscripts <= 8.38-2 overlaps.
Have a look at bugs #585384, #702378 that initiate this change.

Lubos