On 03/12/2018 11:04 PM, vsele...@altlinux.org wrote:
From: "Vladimir D. Seleznev" <vsele...@altlinux.org>

This tag is needed to track automatically installed packages with rpmdb.
Zero value means that a package was installed manually, other values
mean that the package was installed automatically as some else package
dependency.

Just noting that we should consider those other values with some care because it's not just a binary yes/no value, at least buildrequires and different levels and types of weak dependencies seem worth tracking separately. Maybe an enum defining the legal values.

Other future ponderings:

We'll should probably add some sort of API for this later on. IIRC C/C++ callers can set it in the header directly from the callback (IIRC), but that wont work with the python bindings and wouldn't hurt to have an explicit API for C/C++ too.

Optimally there would also be a way to change the install-time recorded value from cli, since the reason might change. And it might be something that wants to be inherited on package upgrades without explicitly setting (a package might be installed as a dependency but then updated manually with rpm, etc)

        - Panu -