On 8/23/18 12:01 AM, Vladimir D. Seleznev wrote:
You convinced me that there should be whitelist filter, so I rewrote
code for it. Follow Panu suggestion [1] I wrote .C generator to filter
proper rpm tags.

Sorry for the terribly late response, I keep intending and intending and somehow almost a month passed :(

Also shows that its a while since the initial discussion: I don't recall suggesting that :D but nevermind.

Another possibility that wouldn't need a separate generator script would be just including that info in the tag table itself, similarly to how "extension" is there, although I think there's no API to access it ATM (another idea that was never finished). Might as well make it a flags bitfield where we can cram such stuff and rpmTagGetFlags() or so to fetch the data...

But currently it does not allow this suggestion [2] by
jbj@:

"The members (and ordering) of the IDENTITY tag set might also
need to be configurable without recompiling."

Currently I have no idea what is better way to do that. May be one of
solution can be to define some macro that contains tag that should be in
calculation, but this doest seem to be convenient and practical.

Also its value may be needs a prefix for versioning tag value. When new
tags are marked to be involve to calculating the prefix changes. I think
the prefix should also include a vendor identifier e.g. fc, alt, mga,
suse etc.

I dunno why it should be vendor specific, we rather try to avoid such things in the first place.

While here is marker for tags that values should be involve to identity
calculation, I think here should be special case for some of string
array tags: a marker for processing array before calculation. For
example, we want to filter some of value from package provides but we
don't want to exclude the whole array from identity calculation. I think
it could be done with one more marker with argument of array processing
function that return (char *) — the result of string processing. There
is difficulty that RPMTAG_PROVIDE* is three separate tags and I have no
idea how to take it in consideration.

Why do you want to filter provides?

        - Panu -

About patches: they are RFC, 0002 is mostly draft: there are obviously
marked more than needed tags. I forgot to enhance commit message for
0003, so I'll do it in the next iteration.

Please comment.

[1] http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-maint/2018-April/007725.html
[2] http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-maint/2018-April/007721.html