On 12/09/2011 07:16 PM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
>  Ok, got -qip back.  I'm amazed there's no one else using this functionality,
apparently.  Thanks for your help.
Well if you think a bit, it shows how addicted most linux users are
to vendors because of packaging tools.

Its called
        customer lock-in
I might identify with "lazy" and "ignorant", along with "addicted" ;)

It has taken some time to learn the, to most of us, arcane features and switches of rpm and other FOSS binaries, since early 2000 at my slow pace. Repeating process with other package managers does not appeal to this short-timer. As the FHS gold standard for package management for this period, afaict, rpm has impressed me as safe and capable, more so with Mandrake's urpm* augmentations. Thanks for your work on this.
Rolf
User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org