Christopher Stone wrote:
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 4:52 AM, Rex Dieter <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Karel Volný wrote:

        hi,

                 * having libdvdcvs in one of our repos could lead to
                projects or cooperation's not to mention or link to us.
                That's not limited to Fedora or Red Hat; also some
                journalists and howto-writers will also chose to *not*
                mention RPM Fusion and thus not link to us, as it might be
                to dangerous in some countries

            I can just endorse that...

            For me as an author of a German Fedora blog, I am always
            having mixed emotions about Livna. On the one hand, it's
            undoubtedly an important repository for Fedora. On the other
            hand, I am not allowed to mention it because this could
            indirectly be illegal advertising for a copy protection
            remover, which can be punished with up to one year of prison
            in Germany. I know that other German Fedora authors are
            thinking the same about that. Livna is "that certain
            repository" with sweet content, but also with a bad smell.

        this is a really bad attitude, and I'm sad to hear that from you :-(
        basically, you have two options: the gutless way or the brave way

    Someone has a bad attitude alright...
    No, he has one option: staying legal.  Get real.

    -- Rex

Oh yes, Rex, you are so right. When a corrupt over-reaching all-powerful government makes bad laws we should all just bend over backwards and take it.

Get Real, Get Brave, Get Guns and Revolt. I'm willing to bet we will have a revolution within a short time here in America. It's either that, or we will all end up as slaves and surfs due to the fiat currency central-banking debt-based monetary system which most of ignorantly take a part of.

Just to add a bit more balance, I think both point of views are valuable. Indeed, it's against the law to distribute libdvdcss in some countries and I believe it's perfectly fair not to have RPMfusion distribute it. The purpose of RPMFusion is not to fight against bad laws, but to distribute legal software that cannot be distributed by Fedora itself for one reason or another. It is also perfectly fair to fight against those dubious laws and I 100% agree with you on this front. RPMFusion is just not the place to do that, it would be too bad to loose contributors or worst, spoil all the efforts that were needed to build RPMFusion. Thorsten spoke about yet another place to fetch libdvdcss from, so let's have the people willing to endorse that do it, but RPMFusion should stay away from this.

Just my 0.02€...

Regards,
Xavier