On 02/27/2012 12:40 PM, Julian Sikorski wrote:
W dniu 27.02.2012 07:16, Ralf Corsepius pisze:
On 02/27/2012 02:55 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Julian Sikorski wrote:
I was trying to update mplayer and most of the problems I am having are
due to using shared ffmpeg, which is discouraged and unsupported by
upstream. The latest error is:

libmpdemux/mp_taglists.c:27:34: fatal error: libavformat/internal.h: No
such file or directory

when trying to build 20120204 snapshot. Looking at the svn log, this was
added in revision 34243 (from 20111023). This all seems to indicate that
trying to use system ffmpeg is an uphill battle which will always going
to keep our mplayer behind, as well as piss upstream off when we come
asking for help.

I don't think bundling is an acceptable solution, especially with
something
like FFmpeg which has security updates quite frequently.

+1

Ralf

Well, I tried building it using system ffmpeg and have not succeeded
yet. I am really not sure if going against upstream is the smart choice
here, given that, at least in my case, I am going to need them to fix bugs.
Help in unbundling ffmpeg is welcome.

Where can I find your *.specs/*srpms?

Ralf