Le jeu. 4 oct. 2018 à 02:19, Richard Shaw <hobbes1...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Ok, I know Nicolas mentioned bundling it but I'm assuming the idea was still
> to split it out as a subpackage?
>
> Something like:
>
> nvidia-390xx-settings
I think having nvidia-settings-390xx would be more readable.
The big question is either or not to conflict with nvidia-settings
(from the main serie) ?
It would be easy enough not to conflict by renaming the binary as
nvidia-settings-390xx , but then if the other nvidia-settings is
installed for any reason it may be used by misstake instead of this
390xx version.
Best would be to assume users shoudn't have installed nvidia-settings
in the first step and see if we can improve things (with a script,
alternatives or else).

> nvidia-390xx-xconfig
I don't think this one worth it. We have kept the nvidia-xconfig more
as an example.

> Also I assume they should conflict with the main packages as they will
> install the same name binaries...
Yep. Conflict with nvidia-settings is also possible.
> Should we add a Recommends/Suggests for them in the main driver package?
I think we consider the nvidia-settings to be mandatory because it is
required to setup some options from a user session (look at
/etc/xdg/autostart from the main driver).
So you have to use requires from the xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-390xx package.

--
-

Nicolas (kwizart)