Le sam. 6 juin 2020 à 01:07, Andrew Bauer
<zonexpertconsult...@outlook.com> a écrit :

> I am planning to overhaul my htpc box and am curious if a mythtv 31 build on
> el8 is near.
>
> I get it if it isn't... Based on my own troubles with el8, I don't doubt
> there is some dependency blocking this, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I'd
> hate to go Ubuntu LTS only to see a mythtv build show up for el8 a week later.

About mythtv(-backend) on EL8. I wonder if it can be possible to have
a mythtv-backend docker image (based on Fedora) so one can pass the
DVB device to the container and use a Fedora based container, on EL.
We might have some different dvb features because kernel is different
on EL8 than Fedora. But I wonder how far we can go with that ?

FYI
https://hub.docker.com/u/rpmfusion
https://github.com/rpmfusion-infra/docker-rpmfusion-ffmpeg

Of course, having native build is probably easier.