On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 11:49 PM Sérgio Basto <ser...@serjux.com> wrote:

> IMHO, Please use `rfpkg new-sources v31.0..b6ddf202a4.patch` to avoid
> at least send 28K bytes of text in email

I'll point out that having the patch files included
this way (and in the emails) has been standard
procedure for quite some time for at least this
package.

I do wonder, however, that given that for this
package one is simply using the upstream
repo at a more recent commit that one should
not at least consider pulling the git archive at
that newer commit and new-sources(ing) that
new tarball and eliminating some part of the
existing workload (replacing it with different
packaging workload of course).

Last I read the packaging guidelines (admittedly
a long time ago) nuanced cases such as this
did not seem to be clearly spelled out as to the
right or wrong approaches (and I would expect
that some packager discretion should be
continued).

> btw sometimes it breaks my gnome evolution

I would hope you have opened bugs upstream
with the evolution folk, as I would hate to think
future packaging approaches/guidelines are
based on what does not break specific MUAs.