Le ven. 5 janv. 2024 à 15:55, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
<domi...@greysector.net> a écrit :

> On Thursday, 04 January 2024 at 09:41, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> > Le jeu. 4 janv. 2024 à 09:26, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> > <domi...@greysector.net> a écrit :
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > I cannot reproduce any issues with H.265 playback using gst1-libav.
> > > Can you point to a specific bug report instead of some forum
> > > discussion?
> >
> > You mean you've tried to use libavcodec-free, then switching to
> > libavcodec-freeworld ?
>
> Before: not exactly. Now, yes. And I can confirm the issue. To
> reproduce:
> 1. Remove libavcodec-freeworld/ffmpeg-libs, gstreamer1-plugin-openh264,
>    gstreamer1-plugins-bad-free and
>    mesa-va-drivers-freeworld/intel-media-driver/libva-driver-intel
> 2. rm .cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.*.bin
> 3. Try playing H.264/H.265 video with e.g. clapper.
> -> black image
> 4. Install libavcodec-freeworld (or even gstreamer1-plugin-openh264 only)
> 5. Try playing H.264 video
> -> still black image
> 6. rm .cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.*.bin
> 7. Try playing H.264 video
> -> plays fine
>
> It looks like a bug in gstreamer which doesn't refresh local user plugin
> cache if there were plugins added since its last generation using
> /usr/libexec/gstreamer-1.0/gst-plugin-scanner .
>
> You can open a bug against gstreamer1 or I will do it later.

Thanks for reproducing.

It will be difficult for me to dedicate time to fedora beyond basic
rpmfusion infra tasks until the end-of January, so I will happily
delegate this issue to anyone.

I'm not sure this is an issue with gstreamer1 as until now when any
gst plugins was (un-)installed, the cache could be rescanned. But with
the ffmpeg complement, it's not a gstreamer1 package installation that
drives this behavior, but switching from libavcodec-free to freeworld
version. So we might be able to touch one or another directory to
force end-user cache rebuild.
Hopefully