On 3/14/24 2:02 AM, Tomasz Torcz via rpmfusion-developers wrote:
   This is very suprising to me. I was under impression GNOME/Wayland is
a long way away from any HDR capabilities. KDE Plasma 6 is supposed to
have some rudimentary support.
   How does this work?  And what's the line with "GBM window" mean?

The Kernel has supported HDR metadata pass-through for some time, but X.org or Wayland didn't have a way of sending it on. When you use Kodi with the GLES renderer it can use windowing with GBM (Generic Buffer Management) to draw a GUI without X11 or Wayland. Kodi can then send HDR metadata through GLES/GBM and the Kernel receives it and passes it through the HDMI connector. Kodi may also send HDR through Plasma/Wayland but I have not tested it and it would not surprise me if it is not supported. I am not familiar enough with the low-level functionality of Plasma or Wayland to know.
  • Kodi 21 Michael Cronenworth via rpmfusion-developers
    • Re: Kodi 21 Leigh Scott via rpmfusion-developers
      • Re: Kodi 21 Michael Cronenworth via rpmfusion-developers
        • Re: Kodi 21 Michael Cronenworth via rpmfusion-developers
          • Re: Kodi 21 Nicolas Chauvet via rpmfusion-developers
            • Re: Kod... Michael Cronenworth via rpmfusion-developers
            • Re: Kod... Leigh Scott via rpmfusion-developers
              • Re:... Nicolas Chauvet via rpmfusion-developers
    • Re: Kodi 21 Tomasz Torcz via rpmfusion-developers
      • Re: Kodi 21 Michael Cronenworth via rpmfusion-developers