Hello, Nicolas.

On Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:05, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> Le mar. 23 avr. 2024 à 00:19, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
> <domi...@greysector.net> a écrit :
> >
> > Hello, Leigh.
> >
> > On Friday, 19 April 2024 at 16:30, Leigh Scott wrote:
> > > commit 994ebf9da6930ed28c3a1daa6cdcb9fdc070bf80
> > > Author: Leigh Scott <leigh123li...@gmail.com>
> > > Date:   Fri Apr 19 15:30:14 2024 +0100
> > >
> > >     Update to 7.0
> >
> > Thanks for working on 7.0 update. This is an ABI bump and there was no
> > announcement on RPM Fusion developers mailing list (nor on Fedora
> > developers list), so please revert this. None of the dependent packages
> > in RPM Fusion has been rebuilt as far as I can tell, so this can be done
> > without using Epoch, I think.
>
> > As I mentioned[1], I am planning to build 7.0 and evaluate the impact of
> > this update some time after the F40 release.
>
> > Moreover, the Fedora side is not ready yet and will not be for some time
> > as we have to evaluate the possible legal impact of the changes in this
> > new release. This will take at least a few weeks as most of the relevant
> > maintainers are busy.
> >
> > [1]
> > https://lists.rpmfusion.org/archives/list/rpmfusion-us...@lists.rpmfusion.org/message/5WPTNZN3PV3PZ7GZOYT45O3WU37MOK2B/
>
> This update was untagged on purpose.

I guessed as much, but it is still blocking any changes to the package
unrelated to the version update that could be done independently, e.g.
enabling ICC profile support via lcms2 (to match Fedora:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ffmpeg/blob/rawhide/f/ffmpeg.spec#_596)

> Please do your best to land this update for f41+ (only) on fedora side
> as this is a very much awaited update.

That is the plan, but there's no ETA yet. So, I'd still insist on
reverting until 1. all consumers are rebuilt and the impact is known
and 2. the Fedora side is ready to be built as well.

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://fedoraproject.org