Hi there.

I recently installed Fedora KDE Plasma as I managed to break my Ubuntu
installation after an upgrade and thought why not try something else:

http://blogologue.com/frames?url=http://blogologue.com/blog_entry?id=1506168845X29

And found that after googling, I had to install the NVIDIA drivers as
the linked-to recipe in the blog post says.

After asking on the <k...@lists.fedoraproject.org> list, subject
"Usability issue, newly installed Fedora KDE plasma" - it became clear
that there were packages of NVIDIA available for installation, in a
setup which was much less cumbersome than the NVIDIA installer recipe.

So I was wondering, wouldn't it be OK to make non-free software more
easily available for new Fedora users?  I guess I could've asked on a
chat channel or mailing list what was the right thing to do, but
coming from Ubuntu I was accustomed to non-free drivers being easily
available.

Regards,

Morten

--