| From: D. Hugh Redelmeier <h...@mimosa.com>
|
| | From: Ed Greshko <ed.gres...@greshko.com>
|
| | Have you tried just "dnf downgrade akmod-nvidia"?
|
| Now I have.  It worked well.  Thanks!
|
| GDM seems to be confused but with patience I can get to my familiar
| (GNOME) desktop and get back to work.

This worked for a short time.  A subsequent "sudo dnf update" left
things in a messy state.  I think that the key problem was that I got
another new kernel and the older akmod just doesn't work with it.  Or
with the older kernels that my system has retained.

There were lots of other version problems that I worked through.  (I
doubt that they are interesting to the list since this seems to be a
blind alley.)

But now I'm stuck.

- I cannot fetch older kmods (they are not in RPMFusion, as far as I
  can tell)

- akmod won't build a kmod for any of the kernels I have.  There are
  compile-time errors.  It seems that the signature of one of the
  kernel functions has changed.
        kernel-4.14.18-300.fc27.x86_64
        kernel-4.15.3-300.fc27.x86_64
        kernel-4.15.4-300.fc27.x86_64

Humourous consequence: even though I've blacklisted nouveau, it gets
loaded.  And fails in various ways.  But that's not an RPMFusion
issue.