Hi Mark

I do my rpy development on OSX 10.4, using python 2.4.2.

To install rpy, just download and unpack the source .tar.gz file, then run

        python setup.py build
        sudo python setup.py install

you'll probably want to ensure that Numpy is installed before you do this so you get better support for matrix objects on the python side.

-G