Hi Nishant,

It looks like rpy canĀ¹t locate the R shared library:

RuntimeError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/_rpy2062.so, 2):
Library not loaded: libR.dylib

Try locating the libR.dylib file and then placing the exact correct
directory in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

-Greg

On 6/24/08 4:54PM , "Nishant Joshi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to use Rpy for a project. I am using a mac (OS X v 10.5.3)
> The version of python is 2.5.1, R is 2.6.2 and Rpy is 1.0.3. <http://1.0.3./>
> I followed the instructions in the README and didn't get any errors. However,
> when I try to import Rpy in Python, I get the following error message,
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "rpy.py", line 134, in <module>
>     """ % RVERSION)
> RuntimeError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/_rpy2062.so, 2):
> Library not loaded: libR.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/_rpy2062.so
>   Reason: image not found
>
>       RPy module can not be imported. Please check if your rpy
>       installation supports R 2.6.2. <http://2.6.2./>  If you have multiple R
> versions
>       installed, you may need to set RHOME before importing rpy. For
>       example:

> I had tried using Rpy 1.0.3 earlier with R 2.7.1 and I had got the same error,
> so I then decided to downgrade my R to 2.6.2 hoping that that might solve this
> issue.
> What am I doing wrong here ?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Nishant

> just about anything Open Source.

Gregory R. Warnes, Ph.D
Program Director
Center for Computational Arts, Sciences, and Engineering
University of Rochester

Tel: 585-273-2794
Fax: 585-276-2097
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]