On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Shulin Zhuang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am new to rpy.
> Today, I just install rpy, R2.7, python2.5 and can successful use it under
> windows.
>
> Question1:

> if I only execute  r.plot_default(x, y1, col="blue", type="o") for one
> time,r, the  R Graphics will be blank, it does not respond. If I repeat
> r.plot_default(x, y1, col="blue", type="o"), the plot will come on the R
> Graphics, what's the problem?

I've had this too, but on Win XP, python 2.3 and older versions of R and rpy.
My usual solution was just to make a PDF or PNG and not use the interactive
plot which I found a little quirky.

r.pdf(filename, ...)
r.plot_default(...)
r.dev_off()

> Quetsion2:
>
> When using python:
>
>>from rpy import *
>>r.library("gplot")
>
> the error comes:"there is no package for gplot"
>
> How can I get the package?

As you are using windows, the easiest way would be to run the R GUI,
and install the gplot package via the menus.  You can also go this
from the R command line.

Peter