I have been playing with rpy2 for a few days and migrated a batch
process from rpy to rpy2.

I do not have any hard numbers yet but I am already happy to report that:
-the mysterious crash i experience with rpy (a workaround for which
was to call gc() before creating a new dataframe) is not hapenning
with rpy2
-performance is significantly improved (removing that call gc() is
probably part of it)

Thank you for the great work, Laurent!