Hi,

I made the changes suggested.

 - I created a R_HOME variable in windows with value  "C:\Program
Files\R\R-2.8.0"
 - "import win32api" is OK in my Python installation

>From R  I get:

> Sys.getenv("R_HOME")
                     R_HOME
"C:\\PROGRA~1\\R\\R-28~1.0"

> R.home()
[1] "C:\\PROGRA~1\\R\\R-28~1.0"

May I have to change this too?

Having made the changes suggestet I tryed to do the test of RPy2 without
success... I got:

PythonWin 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May  1 2007, 17:47:05) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
(Intel)] on win32.
Portions Copyright 1994-2006 Mark Hammond - see 'Help/About PythonWin' for
further copyright information.
>>> import rpy2.tests
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Python25\Lib\site-packages\rpy2\tests.py", line 3,
in <module>
    import rpy2.robjects.tests
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python25\Lib\site-packages\rpy2\robjects\__init__.py", line 12, in
<module>
    import rpy2.rinterface as rinterface
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python25\Lib\site-packages\rpy2\rinterface\__init__.py", line 52, in
<module>
    raise RuntimeError("Unable to locate R.dll within %s" % R_HOME)
RuntimeError: Unable to locate R.dll within C

Anyway, thanks a lot.

2008/12/2 Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Marcos wrote:
> >> The responses to your questions are:
> >>
> >> 1. No, I did not setup R_HOME. By the way, how can I do this?
> >>

> Laurent wrote:
> >
> > set R_HOME=C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.0 should fix this. It looks like
> > your R_HOME variable is set, but set to a wrong value.
> >

> If you were asking how to do this, on Windows XP goto your desktop,
> right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties".  Then click on
> the "Advanced" tab. This should have a button at the bottom left
> called "Environment Variables", click on this.  See if R_HOME exists
> already, but if not you can try adding it.
>
> >> 2. Yes, R is in my path. My path is as follow:
> >> C:\RTools\bin;C:\RTools\perl\bin;C:\Program Files\HTML Help
> >> Workshop;C:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.0\bin;
> >> C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5\miktex\bin;C:\PROGRA~1\R\GTK\bin;C:\Program
> >> Files\Python25\;
> >> C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;
> >> C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel;C:\Program
> Files\ggobi
>
> That's good.  Rpy2 should have been able to use that information (if
> R_HOME is not setup).
>
> >> 3. Yes. R is in my registry
>
> That's good.  Rpy2 should have been able to use that information if
> win32api is installed (if R_HOME is not setup).
>
> >> 4. I have Python 2.5 ActiveState distribuition installed. How can I see
> if I
> >> have this module installed?
>
> At the python prompt, try "import win32api".  If this works, it is
> installed.  If you get an ImportError, it is not.  This module comes
> as part of Mark Hammond's pywin32 package, see
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
>
> Peter

Marcos F. Silva
http://marcosfs2006.googlepages.com