Bugs item #2402666, was opened at 2008-12-07 14:30
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=453021&aid=2402666&group_id=48422

not just the latest update.
Category: Win32
Group: rpy2

Initial Comment:
Hello developers,

i'm encountering problems in letting Rpy2 catch the R_HOME variable.
Here is some debug I made using
C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\rpy2\rinterface\__init__.py's first lines.

>>> import os, sys
>>> R_HOME = os.environ["R_HOME"]
>>> R_HOME
'C'

This doesn't raise errors but doesn't correspond to the path to R. If I take
__init__.py, lines 9-17:

>>> import win32api
>>> import win32con
>>> hkey =
>>> win32api.RegOpenKeyEx(win32con.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"Software\\R-core\\R",0,
>>> win32con.KEY_QUERY_VALUE )
>>> hkey
<PyHKEY:1824>
>>> R_HOME = win32api.RegQueryValueEx(hkey, "InstallPath")[0]
>>> R_HOME
'C:\\Programmi\\R\\R-2.8.0'

it works. But this has to be done manually, and at the moment the applications
running rpy are unable to work.

Hope it will be easy to fix.

many thanks in advance

Anne