Hi!

I turned to list once already with this question, but I haven't
received any answer. I would be glad to solve that.
Probably it's just a small problem with Unicode, however I don't know
the answer.
I use RPy and read the spss database with method read.spss inside a
nested R code in Python, that looks like that:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
# coding=<utf-8>
#!/E:/Python

import rpy
from rpy import r

r("""

library(foreign)

baza <- read.spss(""" + analysis[0] + """)

print(baza$demo_izob0)

""")

Now when my text data labels in spss have slavic characters, they are
not recognised and output is something like that:

stiriletna srednja �ola
nedokon�ana osnovna �ola

Is there any idea what I should do here?
The same code in pure R environment gives me

stiriletna srednja šola
nedokončana osnovna šola

In Python code slavic characters work just fine in the code with upper encoding.

Many thanks for any hint!

Marko