May be a mismatch between the R library rpy2 was built against. It should not segfault thought.

Can you try:

import rpy2.rinterface
# Does this give a version number for R that you would expect ?
print(rpy2.rinterface.R_VERSION_BUILD)
# Does this complete without a crash ?
print(rpy2.rinterface.initr())

L.

On 2012-07-24 15:09, Nick Schurch wrote:

Hi,

I've installed rpy2 (2.2.4) with python 2.6.4 against R2.11 on centos 5.6. When I import rpy2 it works fine, but when I try to run tests or anything else : get:

>>> import rpy2
>>> rpy2.__path__
['/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rpy2']
>>> import rpy2.tests
cannot find system Renviron
Fatal error: unable to open the base package

Segmentation fault

Any help greatly appreciated...

--
Cheers,

Nick Schurch

Data Analysis Group (The Barton Group),
School of Life Sciences,
University of Dundee,
Dow St,
Dundee,
DD1 5EH,
Scotland,
UK

Tel: +44 1382 388707 <tel:%2B44%201382%20388707>
Fax: +44 1382 345 893

--
Cheers,

Nick Schurch