Dear All,

I have some difficulties installing rpy2 for python Enthought (Canopy). I
have posted my question online 4 days ago on the StackOverFlow but have not
received any answer. I was wondering if expert here can help:

I tried to install rpy2 on Enthought Canopy using pip (on Ubuntu 12.04).
The package seems to install successfully but when I try to import it:

    In [1]: from rpy2.rinterface._rinterface import *

    ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call
last)
    <ipython-input-1-e2e1fe174266> in <module>()
    ----> 1 from rpy2.rinterface._rinterface import *

/home/kayhan/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User/lib/python2.7/site-packages/rpy2-2.3.8-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/rpy2/rinterface/__init__.py
in <module>()
         99
        100
    --> 101 from rpy2.rinterface._rinterface import *
        102
        103

    ImportError:
/home/kayhan/Enthought/Canopy_64bit/User/bin/../lib/libgfortran.so.3:
version `GFORTRAN_1.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libblas.so.3gf)

It seems that the rpy2 is linked to gfortran libraries of the system while
Enthought tries to load its own FORTRAN libraries. Similar issue was
reported [1] but I don't LD_PRELOAD is a decent solution because what is
the point of shipping Enthought FORTRAN libraries!?

Any comments is appreciated,

Thanks,
Kayhan

  [1]: