Hi Laurent,

Thank you very much for your response.

Finally, I could install the latest version on my own directory (2.8.2), and
now, many problems, that I had mentioned in my previous mail, has been solved.

On the other hand, I still have the problem with the 3dpersp plot in ipython
notebook, as my program is opening a new window, that is quite vulnerable: if I
open or move a window onto that window, the plot disappeared forever, but  I
cannot delete the window at all.

My program is here (again):

**********
import iris
import numpy as np
%load_ext rpy2.ipython

cube = iris.load_cube(iris.sample_data_path(“air_temp.pp”))

x=np.arange(1,74,1)
y=np.arange(1,97,1)
z=cube.data

%%R
library(rgl)
library(gplots)
plot3dperscolFunc = function(x,y,z){
c=z
c = cut(c, breaks=85)
colsrich = rich.colors(85)[as.numeric(c)]
r3dDefaults$windowRect <- c(0,50, 800, 800)
persp3d(x, y, z, col=colsrich, size=2)
#rgl.snapshot("myplot.png")
}
%Rpush x y z
%R plot3dperscolFunc(x,y,z)
Could you suggest what I need to do to get the plot inside the ipython notebook?
Is there any chance to run it on normal python (so, not ipython notebook), that
I could rotate the plot like in the R? (It is not so important, but I would be
very happy, if there would be a method to do that!)
Thank you very much,
Gabi