A coworker of mine provided me with some R code that I need to integrate into
my python code, for which purpose rpy2 appears to be ideal. Overall it seems to
work as desired, except for when the code tries to use the “eseis” module. When
trying to load (if that’s the correct terminology for R…) that one module, I
get a segfault.

when loading through rpy2. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Python: 3.9.5 on Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.7
R version 4.1.0
rpy2 version 3.4.5

When loading library from python/rpy2:

Python 3.9.5 (v3.9.5:0a7dcbdb13, May  3 2021, 13:17:02)
[Clang 6.0 (clang-600.0.57)] on darwin
>>> from rpy2.robjects.packages import importr
>>> importr('eseis')
zsh: segmentation fault  python3.9

But from R from the same console session:

R version 4.1.0 (2021-05-18) -- "Camp Pontanezen"
Copyright (C) 2021 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin17.0 (64-bit)

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.

> library("eseis")
Welcome to another bright 'eseis' session.
> q()

---
Israel Brewster
Software Engineer