I am trying to insert SVG images created by rrdtool graph into an
OpenOffice document.  SVG because as a vector format presumably it will
scale/reshape/whatnot better than a raster format like PNG.  However,
when I do the insert, the image appears to covered by a layer of
slightly transparent red.  Even when the SVG file is created by
1.4.5.002185.

The OpenOffice version is:

OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Ubuntu package 1:3.2.1-7ubuntu1.1

The SVG file displays just fine in FireFox, which might suggest an issue
with OpenOffice, but then, FireFox might be more "forgiving" as well,
hence the query here.

Not that I really understand what I'm doing, but I can load the rrdtool
created .svg file into inkscape, and save it as "plain svg" and that
will load into the OpenOffice document without the red covering.

rick jones