Steven Sim <unixan...@outlook.com> wrote:

> I'm being asked to write a scrip to append data to an rrd and plot daily,
> weekly and monthly graphs of said data.
>
> I already have a script to create an rrd and write data to it.
>
> To append, I'll simply bypass the 'creation' logic of my script and use a
> user specified rrd file.

It may be just the way you write, but the wording makes me wonder if you
properly understand how RRD works. Because in RRD, there is no such function as
appending data - only updating. You specify the number of consolidated data
points to keep at the point of creation, after that the size never changes and
you only update values.