Hello list,

I'm not new to rrdtool but I think I'm missing something basic here.
Within my network I'd like to keep track of the number of free ports on a number of switches and, for my purpose, one value per day is enough.
So I created the rrd file as follows:

rrdtool create freeports.rrd --step 86400 DS:eth:GAUGE:172800:0:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:30 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:7:4 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:30:6

to have up to a six-month history.
With this setup, when I issue an "rrdtool fetch" command, shouldn't I see one row per day? I have the update script running since a week now, but I still see one sigle row of output. On the other hand, with rrdgraph I actually see more than one value displayed, but I don't understand why the CLI command returns a single row.

Thanks in advance,
Simone

believed to be clean.