Hello,

I am trying to integrate rrdlib in a production platform.  I plan to use rrd to
only store and fetch time-series data values.  I would never use graphing
capabilities.   I have two questions.

  1)  Do we have a way to enable / integrate only a subset of rrdtool - I would
like to eliminate large number of libraries used to render text, create graphs,
internationalization etc

  2)  Is there a way to identify and isolate dependency on GLIBC_2_4 for
libc.so.6 expected by librrd - my platform uses an older version of libc and
upgrading it to a later version is proving disruptive to production.   Is there
a way to use older libc.so.6?

Thanks for your help.