> From: Scott Brim <scott.b...@gmail.com>

    > Do you think routing and addressing requires a session ID in every
    > packet? If not, let the upper layers find their own solutions

In a clean, carefully integrated architecture I might agree with you
(although robustness arguments, which often involve redundancy, might
disagree). In something that's evolving over time, starting from something
that's already got some 'bags on the side', there might be a certain value
in carrying around the semi-duplicate info. But it is of course impossible
to say specifically without examining the costs and benefits of a
particular proposed design.

        Noel