On Jan 12, 2010, at 11:11 PM, Christian Vogt wrote:

Dear all -

Below please find an analysis of name-based sockets as an Internet
routing scalability solution:

http://christianvogt.mailup.net/pub/vogt-2009-name-based-sockets-analysis.txt

- Christian

Hi Christian,

thanks for writing this up. I have two comments here, for two different (but related) issues.

1/ before this msg I only saw critique submission for one proposal, though Robin is planning to write a few more in coming days. My question is whether we let anyone, including the authors, to submit critique for each proposal. My own opinion (hat off): the most important thing is to get a critique for each proposal, not who writes it, as long as it is a critique and not something else.

2/ I read the text from the above pointer, it does not read like a critique, but an argument for why one would need name-based sockets. As every coin has 2 sides, so does name-based sockets. What are the issues? Christian, I wonder if you would consider write a real critique for name-based sockets.

Lixia