In einer eMail vom 14.01.2010 16:54:56 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
j...@mercury.lcs.mit.edu:

Everyone  who keeps going on about embedding geographic information into the
names  used by the path-selection is missing something really critical:

***Two  computers which are _across the street from each other_, in
geographic
terms, may be (and often, are) _many hops apart_, in network  terms -
because
they are connected to different ISPs whose geographically  nearest point of
connection is a long way away (e.g. in another  city).***
100 % right. This is exactly why my concept is based on the mapping between
 an EID and a TARA-locator of (each of ) its xTR(s).

Geographic information about two computers tells you  _nothing_ about how
close
they are to each other, in terms of the path  through the network between
them.
That is why the names used in path  selection have to be based on, and
embody,
only the _actual network  connectivity_.
Right. The shortest path is not the spheric distance, instead it is the
path with the least number of hops.
For simpler understanding: Consider an OSPF network topology. Here, if you
want to determine the best next hop, you have to identify the egress node
first:It is that node which has advertised the fitting prefix  to the
current dest.address. However it could also be identified by a match of its
TARA-locator and the destination-TARA-locator of the forwarded packet's
prepended TARA-header. Thereafter, by means of one or few table offsets the
next
hop can be selected!

RFC4984 talks a lot about the applicability of Moore's law. Why  is the RRG
ignoring this? Which critique mentions "proposal xyz does/does  not
enable the applicability of Moore's law" ?

Heiner