On Jan 16, 2010, at 12:29 AM, Robin Whittle wrote:

Hi Tony and Javier,

Thanks for your replies.

My understanding is that one or more people can write a critique and
post it to the list.  Then other people can suggest improvements,
which the original author(s) may or may not incorporate to the
satisfaction of the second person.

Second and subsequent individuals or groups can contribute
alternative critiques by posting them to the list - and Lixia and
Tony will choose one of them.

I think this would be a good approach.  In that case, I think that
whenever anyone posts a critique to the list, that it should not be
immediately "incorporated".

 - Robin

Robin,

it seems to me that Tony's suggestion is the best, i.e. people who want to contribute to the critique of the same proposal collaborate to finalize the critique, with the resulting critique that incorporate all main points.

if we had to choose one among multiples, it is likely to miss some issues raised in the dropped writing.

It is possible that people working on the same critique may not reach 100% agreement on all the issues, in that case the critique can just document such disagreements.

Lixia