In einer eMail vom 14.03.2010 21:33:59 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
amu...@simula.no:

- After  filtering out duplicates, local effects and anomalies caused by
a few  specific events, we find that there is an increasing trend in
"baseline"  churn over the past six years, but that this growth is quite
modest, and  much slower than the growth in the DFZ RIB  size.

I did comment on the RIB size, explained my point, by some chessboard
example how bad the basic concept (DV) is.  I learnt what LISP is doing to
improve the situation: LISP is eliminating an additional factor I haven't even
considered in the first place when I came up with these horribly high
numbers of routes.
So my question is, why is this group so much convinced of collecting
routes  rather than of collecting topological links ??? This is the #1
question
and much more important than the CES versus CEE issue.

Particularly when there are so many and so major technological  additional
advantages in case BGP provided topological information. And the  hereby
needed "update churn" is such minor, that it could be afforded as  even some
additional solution in parallel.

I have been watching this discussion for about six or seven years, at least
 since the Prague meeting.
I have expressed several times that it may take patience and I do know
that all other DV-based solutions will be prioritized first. But how many  more
years does this group want to go on in this way? It seems to be easier to
show that p equals np than to convince this group about the most obvious
routing  facts.

Really, this #1 question deserves a severe discussion.

Heiner