On 3/26/10 4:31 PM, "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Brian E Carpenter
> <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> - AIS (Aggregation in Increasing Scopes)
>>
>> For my education, does this require any standards action,
>> or is it just a small matter of implementation?
>
> my personal opinion is that you can do all of the AIS things without
> any standards, however, if you wanted to have a simpler method to
> configure this across an ASN then a protocol would be helpful
> (probably having a standardized protocol that works across vendors)
> and that'd include some ietf work, yes?

Concur, and there's also the need for more explicit documentation.  This is
sufficiently complicated that it needs a cookbook explanation so that
operators can implement this (without making their heads hurt).

There's also a small matter of operational experience that needs to be
gained (at scale) and should be documented.  Experience suggests that we
will learn some things the hard way in this process.

Regards,
Tony