On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Robin Whittle wrote:

Yes - and none of them have explained their objections either.

Perhaps, rather than the rest of the world owing you an explanation, it was instead incumbent on you to explain why these terms are useful. You're never going to persuade people by trying to browbeat them into using your terms. If people don't seem to be interested in your terms, get over it and move on. Deluging people with email does not help.

From a previous email of mine:

 I think I'll stick with with "map-and-encap" and "rewriting".

I happen find those terms are more descriptive and to have much wider "currency". Perhaps others too, judging by the chairs draft.

Try applying Postel's principle in your personal communications.

I'm not interested in a prolonged discussion on this. :)

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      p...@jakma.org  Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: