On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Noel Chiappa wrote:

Also true. The usual way to deal with that is 'try several', to reduce risk that the 'chosen alternative' turns out to not be workable. That's not formally possible here, but I suspect that informally that's what's going to happen.

I'm not sure it's enough just to try several. That will catch 'workability' problems, as you suggest, but it won't per se tell us which solutions handle growth the best, will it?

If we wish to avoid the learning-through-internet-scale-rollout path, it'd be really useful to model some of the different options against each other. If that hasn't been done already? (I'm presuming not).

Might there be some pretty rich seams here to mine for academic work?

regard,
--
Paul Jakma      p...@jakma.org  Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: