On Tuesday 8 June 2010 at 17:10:55 Ran Atkinson sent:
> Earlier today, Toni Stoev wrote:
> % But the locator may actually be a path.
>
> Toni,
>
> No, a locator cannot name a specific path.
>
> By the basic definition of a Locator,
> it names a place, not a path.
>
> That definition of the term "Locator" is broadly
> accepted within this RG, across multiple proposals
> (e.g. LISP, ILNP, and several others).  I second Noel's
> suggestion to re-read IEN-19.  For that matter,
> it would be helpful to re-read IEN-23 and IEN-1.
>
> Yours,
>
> Ran

OK, locator names a place. The place is a node.
The locator is formed as sequence of neighor IDs, each among the neighbors of
the node with the preceding ID.
This locator resembles a path but each component of it is a node-local ID, not
a universal location name.
So, the locator is to be used as hop-by-hop location pointer.