All I'm doing is passing the instance variables @label and @artist in
the controller to the view using this code:

@label = current_user.labels.find(params[:label_id])
@artist = params[:id].nil? ? Artist.new : @label.artists.find(params[:id])

By sending these two instance variables to the view, I don't need to
specify these arguments and the view just works. Can you get it to
work when you specify these instance variables in your controller?

-L