On 9/3/07, Shane Mingins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are looking at moving a project over from 1.05 to 1.08 but have a problem
> with some of our helper specs
>
> They work fine in 1.05 but error in 1.08 and it is the calls to route helper
> methods that seems to be the problem.
>
> I did some playing around .. because the code being tested is reasonably
> large etc ... but this sample (using the peepcode app) seems to boil down
> the problem
>
> describe WeathersHelper do
>   it do
>     weather = Weather.new
>     weather.id = 1
>     weather_path(weather).should == "/weathers/1"
>   end
> end
>
> This passes in 1.05 and throws an exception in 1.08 ... is seems that the
> route helper method is not available.
>
> BTW, in our actual code the call to weather_path is in the helper ... I just
> put it in the above for simplicity.
>
> So I am wondering what may have changed and what do I need to configure??

I am going to guess that it's something like this:

The error occurred while evaluating nil.<<

If not, please post the error (good idea to do that in general).

If so, this is fixed in trunk. Attached is a patch you can use to
address it in your rails app (apply from vendor/plugins)

Please let us know if this fixes the problem.

Cheers,
David