Wilson Bilkovich wrote:
> On 9/5/07, Christoph Sturm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> everybody in this thread is reacting like you are about to remove the
>> built in mocking. The idea was to deprecate it, something like
>>
>> "if you use the build in mocking right now, fine. If you start a new
>> project dont use it"
>>
>> One thing is clear, mocha is much nicer than the integrated mocking,
>> nicer syntax, better errormessages, better everything. The rspec
>> mocking framework could never compete with mocha or flexmock on its
>> own. At the time it was created there were good reasons for that, just
>> like there are good reasons to deprecate it now.
>>

> I would be 100% OK with this for version 1.1 or 1.2 or whatever, as
> long as Mocha was the only 'recommendation', and the rspec gem had a
> listed gem dependency on Mocha.
> It's the 'choice' I object to, not the specifics of which mock
> framework we happen to use.

To clarify, you just want a default mock framework, instead of being
forced to make the decision yourself?

I agree with this.  I also object to the idea that people should
evaluate mock frameworks to get started.  We should set one of the
existing ones as a default to relieve the maintenance burden.

-Steven