Hi

I'm loading a gem on demand but can't find a way to spec it.

Assuming rubygems is already loaded, I assumed the following would work:

   describe SqliteConnection, " class" do
     it "should require 'sqlite3'" do
       Kernel.should_receive(:require).with("sqlite3")
       SqliteConnection.new

Unfortunately it seems that rubygems does something funky to
"require" because it works as a standalone method, but not as a
Kernel.require call (ie Kernel.require 'sqlite3' => "LoadError: no
such file to load -- sqlite3").  Do I need to set the expectation on
the "main" object?  I have also tried this:

   main_object = self

   describe SqliteConnection, " class" do
     it "should require 'sqlite3'" do
       main_object.should_receive(:require).with("sqlite3")
       SqliteConnection.new

but fails with this:

   Mock 'Object' expected :require with ("sqlite3") but received it
with ("sqlite3/database")

(!!!)

I'm at a loss, I hope someone can help

Thanks