On 10/26/07, Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:01:30 -0400, Josh Knowles wrote:
>
> > On 10/26/07, Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm running from trunk, and don't have the gem installed. How is
> >> autotesting enabled? Is it a special switch passed to 'spec' or
> >> 'spec_server'?
> >
> > gem install ZenTest
> > cd RAILS_ROOT
> > autotest
>
> Cool. I already had zentest(I think for rspec_autotest), so just running
> autotest seems to do the trick. One question maybe you can answer. When it
> starts it runs all tests, which is cool. Then if I go and make a spec that
> fails, it tests it which is good. If I then fix that spec, it
> runs the spec, and when done then goes and runs all of the files again
> after that which is kind of annoying(and time consuming). Is there any way
> to disable that? The help options are rather sparse.

That's how autotest works. That's the whole point of autotest. It
keeps you focused on the granular problem until you fix it and then
makes sure you didn't break anything anywhere else in the process.

I don't think you can change that, but check the autotest docs. If
they don't tell you what you need, file a feature request for that
project.

David