On Dec 19, 2007 11:40 PM, James Deville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2007, at 9:38 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:
>
> > On Dec 19, 2007 11:34 PM, James Deville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >> Yeah, had a slight email conversation with David C about that in
> >> regards to bug #188. I am wondering why we don't standardize it, ya
> >> know convention over configuration and all.
> >
> > Because I think it's premature to call anything related to story
> > runner a convention. I actually organize them differently from what
> > many are calling convention, and my way is not necessarily "right" or
> > "better." Let's wait a while on this. We'll get there.
>

> Good enough for me. I just wanted a reason. May I ask how you set them
> up?

Sure.

stories/
stories/helper.rb
stories/steps/ (steps go in here - that seems to be the "convention")
stories/stuff_related_to_one_feature
stories/stuff_related_to_another_feature
stories/stuff_related_to_yet_another_feature

So in this case, the only thing that would be consistent across
projects would be helper.rb and the steps directory. Even that should
probably be called step_definitions or something. I'm not sure.

Anyhow - that's where I'm at. How about you?