basecamp = mock("basecamp api",;projects => <<whatever you expect to
get from the projects call>>)
Basecamp.stub!(:new).and_return(basecamp)

So for the projects one, you could return an array, or a bunch of
mocks, or a string. Just make it match how the Basecamp API is behaving.

On Jan 31, 2008, at 6:31 AM, desaperados wrote:

> I realise that this is kind of a basic question but I'm new to rspec
> and
> still trying to work out how to do things. I'm working on a rails
> project
> that requires basecamp integration via the api, which is fairly
> trivial to
> use via the basecamp.rb wrapper:
>
> Connection:
> basecamp = Basecamp.new(APP_CONFIG['api_host'],
> APP_CONFIG['api_username'],
> APP_CONFIG['api_pwd'])
>
> And to retrieve a list of Projects:
> puts "Projects: #{basecamp.projects}"
>
> I know how to make this work in the model, I'm just having trouble
> working
> out how to create a usable mock for this in rspec. I can't work out
> to mock
> 'basecamp.projects' with an object which can then be used in the
> tests.
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm just a bit stuck with it.
>

> --

James Deville
http://devillecompanies.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]