> My problems seem to be arising from the fact that when i run the test, the
> objects i created last time are still in the database.  Shouldn't they be
> cleared out automatically?  This in turn is preventing me from saving root

I don't know RSpec that well, but I'd guess before(:all) is run only
once in a describe block (and as such torn down only after the block
is finished), whereas before(:each) is run before every example (and
torn down respectively). So, I guess you'll want to use before(:each)
version.

Was that it?

--
"One day, when he was naughty, Mr Bunnsy looked over the hedge into
Farmer Fred's field and it was full of fresh green lettuces. Mr