On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Jonathan Linowes
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  On Mar 12, 2008, at 5:47 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:
>
>  > On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Zach Dennis
>  > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >> You can use mocha parameter matching to match on "anything" where
>  >> your
>  >>  form builder would be passed in. You could also use Mocha's
>  >> "kind_of"
>  >>  parameter matcher to ensure that what you expect is a FormBuilder
>  >>  object.
>  >>
>  >>   Another way to do this is to not pass in your form builder, but the
>  >>  object needed, and then use fields_for inside the partial itself.
>  >> This
>  >>  works well in some scenarios.
>  >
>  > You could also use rspec's parameter matching, which also supports
>  > "anything" but not "kind_of" ;)
>
>  how would i use that in stub_render? eg if my view has
>         <%= render :partial => 'pages/foo', :layout => 'bar', :locals =>
>  { :f => f } %>
>
>  what's the stub?

As of 1.1.3:

  stub_render(:partial => 'pages/foo', :layout => 'bar', :locals => {:f => })

There is now, in trunk, hash_including matcher, so you *should* (I
haven't tried yet) be able to do this:

  stub_render(hash_including(:locals => {:f => }))

That keeps it a bit less brittle, as the previous version will fail if
you add anything else to the actual render call this won't fail.

Cheers,
David