The "should_receive" should appear before the "post :create" (look at
this for a better explanation ->
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rspec-users/2008-June/007342.html )

               it 'should not save the issue' do
                       @issue = mock_model(Issue)
                       @issue.stub!(:save).and_return(:false)

                       Issue.stub!(:new).and_return(@issue)
                       @issue.should_receive(:save).and_return(:false)
# you should define the "should receive" before calling "post :create"

                       post :create, { :issue => {:title => 'some
title', :description => ''}}
               end

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Camilo Torres <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello, I am learning rspec/rspec-rails and ruby on rails.
>
> Controller:
> class IssuesController < ApplicationController
>        def index
>
>        end
>
>        def new
>                @issue = Issue.new
>        end
>
>        def create
>                @issue = Issue.new(params[:issue])
>                @issue.save
>        end
> end
>
> Spec:
> require File.expand_path(File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__),
> '../spec_helper.rb'))
>
> describe IssuesController do
>        it 'should sucess on index' do
>                get :index
>                response.should be_success
>        end
>
>        describe 'create new issue' do
>                it 'should success on new' do
>                        get :new
>                        response.should be_success
>                end
>
>                it 'should pass a new Issue to the view' do
>                        issue = mock_model(Issue)
>                        Issue.stub!(:new).and_return(issue)
>                        get :new
>                        assigns[:issue].should == issue
>                end
>        end
>
>        describe 'saving with right data' do
>                it 'should save the issue' do
>                        issue = mock_model(Issue)
>                        Issue.stub!(:new).and_return(issue)
>                        issue.stub!(:save).and_return(:true)
>                        post :create, { :issue => {:title => 'some title',
> :description =>
> 'some more data to describe'}}
>                        assigns[:issue].should == issue
>                end
>        end
>
>        describe 'when saving wrong data' do
> #               before(:each) do
> #                       @issue = mock_model(Issue)
> #                       @issue.stub!(:save).and_return(:false)
> #                       Issue.stub!(:new).and_return(@issue)
> #               end
>
> #               def post_create
> #                       post :create, { :issue => {:title => 'some title',
> :description =>
> 'some more data to describe'}}
> #               end
>
>                it 'should not save the issue' do
>                        @issue = mock_model(Issue)
>                        @issue.stub!(:save).and_return(:false)
>                        Issue.stub!(:new).and_return(@issue)
>
>                        post :create, { :issue => {:title => 'some title',
> :description => ''}}
>
>                        @issue.should_receive(:save).and_return(:false)
>                end
>
> #               it 'should flash the failure to save' do
>
> #               end
>        end
> end
>
> Error:
> F....
>
> 1)
> Spec::Mocks::MockExpectationError in 'IssuesController when saving
> wrong data should not save the issue'
> [...]

Maurício Linhares
http://alinhavado.wordpress.com/ (pt-br) | http://blog.codevader.com/ (en)
João Pessoa, PB, +55 83 8867-7208